- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Casserole with Sausage Recipe
|Mild sausage||12 Ounce|
|Long-grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Broccoli florets||20 Ounce|
|Cream of chicken soup||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||8 Ounce|
Calories 1816 Calories from Fat 863
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g148.7%
Saturated Fat 41.1 g205.5%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg
Sodium 3257.3 mg135.7%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 82 g164.8%
Vitamin A 203% Vitamin C 442.9%
Calcium 116.4% Iron 48.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small skillet, heat oil and brown sausages and drain excess fat.
2. In a colander, rinse and wash broccoli florets and drain.
3. In a vessel, cook rice with just enough amount of water, without butter and salt
4. In a 13x9-inch baking dish, evenly spread the drained broccoli and cooked rice over it.
5. In a bowl, blend together chicken soup, milk and 3 ounces of cheese and pour over rice.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the rice mix.
7. Bake the casserole at 200 degrees centigrade for about 40 minutes until golden and rice tender.
8. Serve hot