- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Casserole Noire Recipe
|Green chilies||2 Can (20 oz), peeled|
|Peeled green chilies||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Sour cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Ripe black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mild cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.6%
Saturated Fat 26.4 g131.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.9 mg
Sodium 778.5 mg32.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 22 g43.7%
Vitamin A 49.1% Vitamin C 383.8%
Calcium 59.3% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Finely chop the chilies and keep aside. Use kitchen gloves while doing so.
2. Slice cheese into strips, about 1-inch thick.
3. Grease a 2-quart casserole with butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
1. In a bowl, combine chopped chilies, sour cream and olives.
2. Toss the cooked rice with salt and pepper, if not already seasoned.
3. Make multiple layers of rice, sour cream mixture and cheese strips alternately in the casserole.
4. Top with grated Cheddar and sprinkle with paprika.
5. Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. The cheese on top should be melted and browned in specs.
6. Take the dish straight from the over to the table and enjoy the rice while hot and cheesy.