- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Bran Scones Recipe
|Rice bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 214 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.8%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 23% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. In a bowl, blend the buttermilk, maple syrup, vanilla, and egg white.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl, mix the rice bran, hour, baking powder, cinnamon.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients over the flour mixture and stir well, but don't over mix.
5. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured counter and divide it into two balls of about 6-inch diameter and 3/4-inch thickness.
6. Cut each circle into four wedges.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the wedges to the sheet.
8. Bake the scones at 400°F for about 15 minutes, or until light brown.
9. Serve as an excellent side dish and part of the menu.