- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Rice and Perfect Mexican Dish Presentation Recipe Video
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Long grain rice/Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed, drained (Any Mexican variety of rice may be used)|
|Vegetable broth/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Enchilada sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salsa/Picante sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Green bell pepper||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 487 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 704.8 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 50.4% Vitamin C 95.9%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large non-stick pan heated with oil, add the finely chopped onions. Stir and let it brown a little.
2. Add the long grain white rice, stir and let it fry for a few minutes without adding any water.
3. Add the vegetable broth, enchilada sauce, chunky salsa or picante sauce and stir well. Cover and let it cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
4. After 8 minutes uncover and check the rice. Stir and cover again and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Uncover and when the rice is cooked sprinkle the bell peppers and green onions on the rice to garnish.
6. Serve the rice with enchilada, refried beans sprinkled with cheese, guacamole, lettuce and a dollop of sour cream.