- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice And Peas Recipe
|Defatted chicken broth/Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (Homemade Or Canned)|
|Long grain white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh peas/10-ounce package frozen peas, partly thawed||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 348.6 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 48.3%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, pour the chicken broth or water
2. Place the pot on heat and bring to a boil.
3. Add the rice to it.
4. Bring the pot to a second boil.
5. Reduce the heat and cover the pot.
6. Cook the rice for 15 minutes.
7. Add the peas and the butter on the rice.
8. Cook the rice and peas for 8 minutes more.
9. With two forks, toss the rice and peas together if you want.
10. Season the rice if you want.
11. Serve hot as a side dish.