- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice and Hummus Ten Ine Recipe
|Spinach||1 Pound, stalks removed (500 Gram)|
|Zucchini||4 , sliced|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
|Avocados||2 , stoned, peeled and mashed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice||7 Ounce, cooked (1 Cup / 220 Gram)|
|Red peppers||3 , halved, roasted and skins removed, chopped|
|Hummus||6 1⁄2 Ounce (200 Gram)|
Calories 1090 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.8%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 435.7 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.8%
Dietary Fiber 32.4 g129.4%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 974% Vitamin C 677.3%
Calcium 39.2% Iron 59.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Boil, steam or microwave spinach leaves until just wilted. Drain well. Line prepared loaf tin with overlapping spinach leaves. Allow leaves to overhang the sides of the tin.
3. Boil, steam or microwave zucchini and carrots, separately, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Place avocados, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
5. Pack half the rice into spinach-lined loaf tin, pressing down well with the back of a spoon. Top with half the red peppers, zucchini, carrots and hummus. Spread with avocado mixture, then top with remaining rice, red peppers, zucchini, carrots and, lastly, hummus.
6. Fold overhanging spinach leaves over filling. Place a heavy weight on terrine and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. To serve, unmold and cut into slices.