- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice And Clams Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled, chopped fine|
|Stalk celery||1 , chopped fine|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/2 cups water and 2 bouillon cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (American Processed Or Other)|
|Ripe olives||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), pitted, chopped|
|Canned minced clams||7 Ounce (With Liquid, 1 Can)|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.2 mg
Sodium 868.5 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 85.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot, combine the rice with butter, vegetables, cheese, olives and clams.
2. Pour over the broth and stir to mix all ingredients.
3. Cover the pot with its lid.
4. Cook the rice on HIGH for 1 hour
5. Reduce the temperature to LOW and continue to cook for about 6 hours more until all the broth as been absorbed and rice is tender and fluffy.
6. Serve the rice hot straight from the pot or dish out into a casserole.