- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice and Carrots- مقلوبة جزر Recipe Video
|Carrot||2 Pound, sliced|
|Onion||2 , sliced|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), soaked in water for 1 hour, drained well|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Allspice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 184.3 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 505.4% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 11% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat the oil and deep fry the carrots. Take out the carrots and place over a paper towel. Set aside.
2. In another pan, add in the oil and fry onion until brown. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add in the rice and salt, black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, turmeric and cardamom. Mix well with a spoon.
4. In a nonstick pan, assemble the recipe by putting a layer of rice in the bottom of the pot then add a layer of the fried carrot sticks.
5. Add in the fried onions on top. Add the last amount of the rice on top and smooth it out.
6. Pour in the hot water and cover the pot. Cook on high heat until the water starts boiling, then lower the heat and cook on simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and fluffy.
7. Invert the pot into a big serving platter
8. Serve hot with plain yogurt.