- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice In Casserole Recipe
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 387 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 498.2 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a glass casserole, add 2 cups of boiling water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon buttter.
2) Add 1 cup of long grain rice. Washed and soaked.
3) Bring the rice to boil on the highest flame for 10 minutes with casserole covered.
4) When rice is soft, remove from the oven. Keep covered for 10 minutes and drain excess liquid ( if necessary).
11) Serve with curries and main accompaniments.
12) Garnish with coriander leaves to give aesthetic effect.