- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rhubarb Strawberry Mold Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberry gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), sweetened|
|Fruit salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chilled|
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg
Sodium 109 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 43.4 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wash, cut off stem ends and leaves from rhubarb.
3. Peel stalks only if skin is tough. Cut into 1-in. pieces (about 3 cups, cut) and place in saucepan with sugar and water.
4. Place over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cover and cook slowly about 15 min., or until rhubarb is tender.
5. When rhubarb is tender, drain, reserving hot syrup in a 1-cup measuring cup for liquid. Set rhubarb aside to cool. Add water to hot syrup.
6. Empty into a bowl contents of strawberry-flavored gelatin.
7. Pour hot syrup mixture over gelatin. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Blend in cold water.
8. Chill in refrigerator or in pan of ice and water until gelatin mixture is sightly thicker than consistency of thick, unbeaten egg white. If placed over ice and water, stir frequently; if placed in refrigerator, stir occasionally.
9. Lightly oil molds with salad or cooking oil (not olive oil) and set aside to drain.
10. When gelatin is of correct consistency, blend in cooked rhubarb and strawberries.
11. Pour into prepared molds. Chill until firm.
12. Unmold. Serve with a mixture of fruit salad dressing, and chilled whipping cream.
13. Garnish with whole strawberries sprinkled with sifted confectioners' sugar.