- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rhubarb Souffle Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rhubarb puree||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chilled whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1611 Calories from Fat 869
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g148.6%
Saturated Fat 53.9 g269.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1060.3 mg
Sodium 514.9 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 133.5 g
Protein 42 g83.7%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 29.4% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine gelatin, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in the top of a double boiler. Beat egg yolks and water together until thoroughly blended. Stir into gelatin mixture.
3. Set over boiling water and cook about 5 minutes to cook egg yolks and dissolve gelatin, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the rhubarb puree and grenadine. Cool mixture, then chill until it is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Beat egg whites until frothy; add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, a little at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks are formed.
6. Fold whipped cream and meringue together. Fold in chilled gelatin mixture until blended. Turn into prepared dish and chill until firm.
7. When ready to serve, carefully remove foil collar.
8. Put Powdered sugar on top and serve.