- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rhubarb Poppyseed Yogurt Muffins - Part 1 Recipe Video
|Rhubarb||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), finely chopped|
|Poppy seed||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Single cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Peanut oil/Canola oil/ vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for topping)|
|Lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (for topping)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melt (for topping)|
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.9 mg7%
Sodium 175.5 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 25.2 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 9% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Grease muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add rhubarb, and poppy seeds. Mix.
4. Drop yogurt, and cream. Mix to evenly distribute. Set it aside.
5. In another bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and egg. With hand mixer mix until creamy.
6. With a spatula, pour egg mixture into the bowl with rhubarb. Stir to combine. Do not over mix. Set it aside.
7. In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
8. Drop dry ingredients directly into the mixing bowl with rhubarb mixture. Fold and combine.
9. For muffin topping, in a small bowl, add sugar, butter and lemon zest. Mix well.
10. Fill muffin cups about ¾ full with rhubarb mixture.
11. Spoon topping mixture on it.
12. Pop it in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until skewer when inserted comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
14. Serve muffins topped with whipped cream and ice cream.
You can use heavy cream, half and half or any cream you have in your fridge.
Add little bit more cream if your batter is too dry.
Baking time depends on the size of the muffins.
Watch Rhubarb poppy seed yogurt muffins-part 2 for complete recipe direction.