- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rhubarb Jelly Recipe
|Rhubarb juice||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (about 3 pounds fresh rhubarb)|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1 bottle)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5620 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.7%
Saturated Fat 0.46 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 35 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1443 g481%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.3%
Sugars 1408.4 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 116.7%
Calcium 76.6% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Without peeling red rhubarb stalks, cut into 1" lengths.
2. In a mixer grinder, grind cut rhubarb.
3. Using a jelly bag, extract juice; should be 3 1/2 cups.
4. In a large kettle, mix juice and sugar; heat with constant stirring until the mixture begins to boil.
5. Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil; stir constantly and boil over high heat for 1 minute.
6. Remove pan from heat and skim.
7. Into sterilized hot jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
8. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
9. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
10. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
11. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
12. Alternately, hot mixture can be poured into sterilized jelly glasses leaving ½ inch on top.
13. Immediately pour melted paraffin to cover 1/8 inch of bottle.
14. Use Rhubarb Jelly for making desserts with biscuits or spread over bread and enjoy.