- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rhubarb Delight Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Rhubarb||1 Cup (16 tbs), finley diced|
|Diced rhubarb||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (without rhubarb, adjust quantity as needed)|
|Vanilla ice cream/Rich cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2263 Calories from Fat 964
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166%
Saturated Fat 52.1 g260.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 708.4 mg236.1%
Sodium 1903.1 mg79.3%
Total Carbohydrates 269 g89.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 170.1 g
Protein 60 g120.7%
Vitamin A 89.3% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 169.7% Iron 43.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together, except the whole wheat flour.
3) In a deep mixing bowl, mix the whole wheat flour with the dry sifted ingredients.
4) In a bowl, beat the milk, egg, vanilla and honey with a rotary beater, then beat into the dry ingredients.
5) In a 9-inch pie pan, melt the margarine in the preheated oven, until the margarine sizzles.
6) Then immediately pour in the batter, press in the rhubarb and cover with the batter.
7) Bake in the preheated oven at for about 30 minutes.
8) Serve warm on individual serving plates or custard cups with brown sugar sauce and vanilla ice cream.