- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
|Peeled diced rhubarb||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Dried cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, melted and cooled (3/4 Stick)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3063 Calories from Fat 716
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.5%
Saturated Fat 47.7 g238.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg
Sodium 77.4 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 561 g186.8%
Dietary Fiber 27.7 g110.7%
Sugars 346.9 g
Protein 37 g73.2%
Vitamin A 63.2% Vitamin C 57.6%
Calcium 69.4% Iron 70.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take a 9 inch round baking pan, grease it and keep aside.
3. Take a bowl, add cherries, rhubarb, cake flour, granulated sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon and toss well. Arrange the mixture onto the bottom on the prepared baking pan.
4. In the same bowl, add all-purpose flour, oats, brown sugar and butter, mix well and top the fruit mixture. Using fingertips, pat the mixture down gently.
5. Keep in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
6. Cut into wedges, arrange in individual serving plates and serve while warm.