- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rhubarb Beet Compote Recipe
|Roasted beets||12 Ounce, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Roasted beets||12 Ounce|
|Rhubarb||1 1⁄2 Pound, leaves removed, rinsed, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , zest finely grated|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.79 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 72.6 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large heavy pot, put together beets, rhubarb, sugar, and orange juice.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Cook over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly thickened; do not overcook.
4. Skimming off any foam that rises to the top.
5. Add orange zest and let it cool.
6. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate upto 3 days.