- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rhubarb Apple Cobbler Recipe Video
|Bread slices||10 Cup (160 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces (1 loaf)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extarct||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple||2 , peeled, cored, chopped into 1-inch pieces|
|Rhubarb||4 Cup (64 tbs), chop|
|Lemon finishing sugar||3 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.1 mg
Sodium 242.9 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, crack eggs, and pour milk in it. Whisk well.
3. Throw sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until sugar dissolves.
4. Add flour, and beat well.
5. In a large bowl, put bread pieces, and pour egg mixture on it. Mix to nicely coat. Set it aside, and allow bread to soak egg mixture.
6. Take a large baking dish and grease it with cooking spray.
7. Lay apple pieces at the bottom of the dish.
8. Top it with rhubarb.
9. Now, drop the bread mixture on top of the baking dish. Spread evenly.
10. Sprinkle lemon finishing sugar on top.
11. Pop it in oven, and bake 50-60 minutes on centre rack or until when toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
12. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
13. Cut in slices and serve with ice cream, and whipped cream.
You can also use homemade loaf.
Stale bread is perfect for making apple cobbler.
You can sprinkle cinnamon or any other spice over the bread before popping it in the oven.