- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rhineland Potato Salad Recipe
|Potatoes||4 Large, peeled|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, halved|
|Pepper red||1 Large, halved|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (2 Package)|
Calories 690 Calories from Fat 346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.4%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg
Sodium 1921.4 mg80.1%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 239.1%
Calcium 36.6% Iron 38.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan with the boiling salted water, cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, or until just tender, drain well.
2) In a large skillet, thinly slice and brown the frankfurters in the oil, move aside.
3) Then stir in the onion and saute until soft.
4) Stir in the chopped peppers, salt, ground pepper and vinegar, then stir continuously and cook for about 2 minutes.
5) Add the drained potatoes into the skillet and toss gently to mix.
6) Spoon into a serving bowl and serve warm.