- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Reuben Stromboli Recipe Video
|Frozen bread dough||1 Pound, thawed|
|Thousand island dressing/Russian salad dressing||8 Ounce, divided|
|Deli corned beef||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Sauerkraut||14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (canned)|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Egg white||1 Medium, beaten|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.7 mg
Sodium 1206.5 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 15” X 12” rectangle.
3. Smear about 1/2 cup of thousand-island salad dressing down in the centre of dough
4. Place in layers chopped corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese slices over the dressing.
5. Gently lift one of the longer side of dough, pulling lightly roll up, pinch ends to seal.
6. On a lightly greased baking sheet, place seam-side down.
7. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seed, if using.
8. Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden in colour.
9. Remove form the oven and allow to cool slightly.
10. Slice and serve warm with remaining salad dressing if desired.
You can also use turkey instead of beef or use spreads of your choice.