- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Reuben Sandwich Recipe
|Dark rye bread slice/Pumpernickel bread slices||8|
|Corned beef||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Sauerkraut||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Thousand island dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Swiss cheese slice||4|
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.1 mg
Sodium 1022.9 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Toast the bread in a toaster, on grill or under broiler.
2. Lightly butter the slices.
3. On a clean work surface arrange 4 slices buttered side up.
4. On each of the 4 slices, layer corned beef and sauerkraut,
5. Spoon the dressing over the sauerkraut.
6. Top each cheese slice.
7. Place the other bread slices, buttered side down and lightly press to pack the sandwich.
8. On a large microwave proof plate, arrange 2 sandwiches at a time and cook in microwave for 1 to 1 ½ minutes until heated through and cheese oozes out.
9. Cut each diagonally into half
10. Serve immediately while hot and cheesy.