- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Reuben Casserole Recipe Video
|Rye bread slices||6 , cubed|
|Sauerkraut||14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Deli corned beef||1 Pound, cut into strips|
|Thousand island dressing/Russian salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.6 mg
Sodium 1780.3 mg74.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 38.7% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
2. In a greased 13"x9" baking dish, spread bread cubes in bottom.
3. Sprinkle drained sauerkraut, spreading all over the bread.
4. Put a layer of corned beef over sauerkraut and drizzle Thousand Island dressing over top and smear it with spatula.
5. Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
8. Cut into portions and serve warm as desired.
You can put turkey instead of beef and Dijon mustard instead of thousand island dressing.