- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Rest Stop Potatoes (휴게소 감자) Recipe Video
|Baby potatoes||10 Ounce, peeled|
|Water||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Parsley bunch||1 Dash (For garnishing) (Optional)|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 1010.7 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 0.12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pan, add 10 baby potatoes into it with water and salt. Once the water starts to boil, cook them for about 15 to 20 minutes on high heat. After 15 minutes prick the potatoes with a fork or chopstick to check if it is done. If the chopstick goes in smoothly it is done.
2. Once cooked drain away the left over water if any.
3. In a pan melt 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the cooked potatoes into the heated pan and fry them on medium heat. Turn them occasionally so that the potatoes becomes evenly brown in color. When they all turn golden brown they are done.
4. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on them only if needed. Garnish by sprinkling some parsley
5. Serve warm and fresh with a dipping sauce of your choice.
It is important to fry the cooked potatoes on medium heat and not on high heat so that they absorb the butter flavor well and do not burn.