- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Tantalizing Tiramisu Recipe Video
|Mascarpone cheese||16 Ounce|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (powdered sugar or icing sugar)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Strong coffee/Espresso||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ladyfingers||6 Ounce ((2) 3-oz. packages)|
|Dark chocolate||15 Ounce, grated (1 bar)|
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.2%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 128 mg42.7%
Sodium 56.9 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 31.5 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat on high speed for about 30 seconds or until just blended. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together coffee and rum.
3. In the bottom of a 9-inch by 9-inch Pyrex dish, arrange half of the ladyfingers.
4. Pour half of the coffee mixture evenly over the top.
5. Spoon half of the mascarpone cheese mixture over the soaked ladyfingers.
6. Sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers.
7. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and pop it in refrigerator to chill for 8 hours or overnight.
8. Cut into pieces and serve chilled.
Instead of mascarpone cheese you may use 16 ounces of cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sour cream, and ¼ cup of whipped whipping cream.