- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Refrigerator Pickles Recipe Video
|Cucumber||3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2 g0.31%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 50.7 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 0.65 g1.3%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a glass or plastic bowl, mix together cucumbers and onion, set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe container, stir together sugar, vinegar, celery seed, mustard seed, and salt.
3. Microwave the vinegar mixture on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
3. Pour vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving to blend flavors.
6. Serve pickle chilled, spooning some of the pickling liquid over the cucumber and onion slices.
Keep the pickle in refrigerated.