- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Refrigerator Honey Flan Recipe
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 gram)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Digestive biscuits||1⁄2 Pound, crushed (225 gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, whipped (150 milliliter)|
|Peach halves/Pear / apricot halves||800 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2857 Calories from Fat 1830
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g309.1%
Saturated Fat 81.7 g408.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg
Sodium 1442 mg60.1%
Total Carbohydrates 257 g85.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.4 g97.7%
Sugars 129 g
Protein 28 g55.7%
Vitamin A 108.8% Vitamin C 88.3%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
2) Beat in the honey, cocoa and sherry, then stir in the crushed biscuits until thoroughly mixed.
3) In a greased 8 inch flan ring placed on a baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator until set.
4) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, remove the flan ring and wrap in foil, then place in a freezer bag , seal, label and freeze.
5) Remove the flan ring, spread some whipped cream at the bottom of the flan and arrange the peach, pear or apricot halves on top.
6) Pipe rosettes of the remaining whipped cream and serve the Refrigerator Honey Flan on a serving platter.
7) If using the frozen dish, unwrap, place the flan on a serving platter and serve as indicated in step 5 and 6.