- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Refrigerator Buttermilk Rolls Recipe
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Crisco||3 Ounce (3 heaping tablespoons)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 1154 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 821.5 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 31 g61.1%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 57.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F before baking the bread.
2) In a bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
3) Add crisco and combine, as you do for biscuit dough.
4) In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast according to the packet instruction.
5) Add the dissolved yeast to beaten egg and buttermilk to combine.
6) Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix properly.
7) Place the dough inside the refrigerator overnight.
8) Sprinkle little flour on the dough and divide into 3 small balls, if desired.
9) Place the balls in a bowl of melted butter to cover all sides.
10) Allow the balls to rise for 1 1/2 hours.
11) Place the rolls on baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
12) Serve the rolls in breakfast, with jam or bread spread.
Dough will keep for a long time in refrigerator.