- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Refried Beans - Plus A Secret to Get Great Flavor Recipe Video
|Pinto beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||3 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 581.9 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. Pour the beans out on a table or cutting board. Sort through them and discard any rocks or shriveled beans.
2. Pour the beans in a pan and rinse it with cold water, discard the floating beans, drain and refill with water about 4 cups or 2/3 of the way.
3. Place the pot on the stove, cover and bring it to a boil on high, reduce the heat and stir and continue to cook for 2 hours.
4. After the 2 hours stir and add the salt and garlic powder, stir well, taste for any seasoning.
5. Add the corn oil and let it simmer for an hour and half, occasionally stirring.
6. Turn the heat off and mash the beans with a masher.
7. Serve the re fried beans with some tortillas or nachos.
If not using the refried beans until later, add water before serving.
Watch the tortilla chip video and you can use the leftover oil to make the refried beans, it would taste better.