- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Onion and Black Olive Tart Recipe Video
|Red onion||2 Large, cut into half and then sliced|
|Canned black olives||15 Ounce|
|Dried thyme||2 Pinch|
|Kosher salt/Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Teaspoon (For dusting)|
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2180.9 mg90.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.4%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
2. Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
3. Dust a wooden board with flour and place the puff pastry on it.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat, add onions, dried thyme, salt and pepper.
6. Once it sizzles, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, for last 5 minutes, cook on medium high heat.
7. Turn the edges of the puff pastry over 1/4 inch. Transfer to the baking sheet, make the folded edges slightly upright.
8. Spread the cooked onions evenly onto the puff pastry.
9. Scatter the black olives onto the onion layer.
10. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 425F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
11. Using a pizza cutter, cut the tart into wedges.
12. Serve with green salad dressed with balsamic vinaigrette.