- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Wine Sauce Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, cut in cubes|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon (1 sprig)|
|Marsala/Cabernet||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (depending on the wine used) (Optional)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.6 mg2.9%
Sodium 1273 mg53%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 0.73 g1.5%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 14.4%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a skillet over medium-high heat, and melt little bit of butter in it.
2. Add onion, garlic, thyme, and cook until onion becomes glossy.
3. Stir in brown sugar and wine. Whisk to dissolve sugar. Allow it to simmer and reduce by half.
4. Take out the thyme, and turn off the heat. Insert Dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar. Stir.
5. Add butter, a little at a time , melting and whisking it continuously.
6. Sprinkle salt and sugar. Stir it well.
7. Serve sauce with grilled sausage.