- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Wine and Cassis Strawberries Recipe
|Ripe strawberries||3 Cup (48 tbs), washed and hulled|
|Cassis/Creme de mures / blackberry-flavored liqueur||3 Tablespoon (Black Currant-Flavored Liqueur)|
|Dry fruity red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peppermint leaves||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Sour cream||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.8 mg2.6%
Sodium 69.6 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 139.1%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a fruit board, use a small paring knife to quarter the strawberries.
2. In a large glass bowl,
3. Combine the sugar, liqueur, wine, and mint and quartered berries
4. Use to serve immediately or after refrigerating for up to 8 hours.
5. Use wine goblets or champagne saucers to serve the dessert.
6. Spoon the macerated berries and the syrup into the glasses.
7. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and stick a cookie on the side.
8. Serve chilled.