- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red White and Blue Salad Recipe Video
|Fried skirt steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Private selection olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry red wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Private selection crumbles blue cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Private selection organic salad blend||100 Gram (for salad)|
|Private selection blue cheese dressing||2 Tablespoon (to taste for salad)|
|Private selection roasted bell pepper||2 Medium, dice (for salad)|
|Private selection peppercorn grinder||1 Teaspoon (to taste for salad)|
Calories 469 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.9%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.8 mg
Sodium 1295.3 mg54%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 23 g45.6%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 102.7%
Calcium 4% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat grill for about 10 minutes.
2. On a cutting board, place skirt steak and season it with salt, and pepper grinder.
3. Place a non stick pan on medium high heat for about a minute. Pour olive oil in it.
4. Put steak in pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until blacken.
5. Stir in wine and blue cheese. Place steak over cheese and swirl to coat well. Remove steak from pan, place it on a cutting board and allow it to rest for about 8-10 minutes.
6. Slice the steak into pieces, against the grain.
7. For salad, in a bowl combine salad blend, blue cheese dressing, bell pepper, and peppercorn grinder. Toss them together.
8. On a serving plate, place salad, top it up with steak and serve immediately.