- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red White and Blue Jellies Recipe
|Strawberries||14 Ounce, trimmed and hulled (400 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Icing sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Serving, Handful Of)|
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.5 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 1 g2%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 73%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan with 100ml water, add the strawberries, caster sugar and lemon juice. Allow to boil, then turn off the heat and remove the scum.
2) Sieve the mixture into a large measuring jug, then level with boiling water to get 300ml of the strawberry juice.
3) Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes to soften. Remove the excess water and stir into the hot juice to dissolve.
4) Pour the jelly into serving glasses and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours to set.
5) When ready to serve, stiffly whip the cream with the icing sugar.
6) Scoop the whipped cream over the jelly, put some blueberries and serve immediately.