- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Valentine's Red Velvet Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1/2 cup for cupcakes and 1/4 for frosting)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||3 Medium, beaten|
|Red tint||2 Tablespoon (beet juice)|
|For cream cheese frosting|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 94.7 mg31.6%
Sodium 331.8 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.2% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSPATULA, PIPING BAG
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients, flour, soda, salt and cocoa.
3. In another bowl, blend together oil, butter, and buttermilk using electric beater.
4. Slowly add in the sugar, a little at a time and beat well after each addition.
5. While still beating, slowly stream in the egg.
6. Add in the red tint, and beat well.
7. Add the dry ingredients in small batches, and beat well with spatula after each addition until the batter is smooth.
8. Into a lined cupcake tin, drop a scoop of the batter and bake in oven for 17 to 22 minutes.
9. Remove the cupcakes and allow to cool completely.
For the Frosting
10. In a mixer bowl, place the cream cheese and butter, and beat using paddle sugar.
11. Add vanilla and add powdered sugar a bit at a time until fully incorporated.
12. Fill the frosting in a piping bag and pipe it on top of cupcakes.
13. Serve as desired.