- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Distilled white vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Red sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For decoration)|
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 513
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 677.8 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.4%
Sugars 66.9 g
Protein 12 g24.3%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.5% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together cake flour, cocoa and salt and set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the sugar and oil on medium-high speed until combined.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
6. Mix in food color and vanilla.
7. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture and mix well.
8. Add half of the buttermilk and mix well.
9. Add the rest of the flour mixture, mix well and finish off with the rest of the buttermilk.
10. In a small bowl, stir together the baking soda and vinegar and add mixture to the batter and beat on medium speed until combined.
11. Fill the cupcake papers.
12. Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 20 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
13. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
14. After cool, frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
15. In a platter, serve the cupcakes by sprinkling some red sugar on top.