- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Velvet Chip Cookies Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Food coloring||1 Teaspoon (red color)|
|Chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (either white or dark)|
Calories 832 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.6%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.4 mg
Sodium 557 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
3. Add egg, vanilla and heavy cream and combine until smooth.
4. Beat in the red food coloring.
5. Add the cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Add the chocolate chips.
6. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 1 Tablespoon of dough and set on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Remove and cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes and then remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
10. Serve cookies with tea or coffee.
You can add more food coloring for a brighter red cookie. Just decrease the cream by how much food coloring you use or you can use the gel food coloring, which is much more concentrated. There is no need to decrease the amount of cream with the use of the gel food coloring.