- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Snapper With Shrimp Stuffing Recipe
|Red snapper||4 Pound|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked bacon slice||3 , crumbled|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked shrimp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.5 mg
Sodium 444.8 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 64 g127.5%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 0.91%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Dress the fish. Clean it and apply salt inside and outside the fish.
3. Add onion and celery to butter and cook till soft. Stir in rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Use the mixture to stuff the dressed fish.
5. Using skewers, fasten the stuffed fish and brush using melted shortening.
6. Arrange in a baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes or till flakes come off easily using a fork.
7. Serve hot.