- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Snapper With Fresh Tomatoes Recipe
|Red snapper fillets||24 Ounce, fresh or frozen, four 6 ounce each pieces|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, thinly sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon (Italian)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.2 mg
Sodium 722 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 52.3% Vitamin C 105.8%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Defrost the fish, if frozen.
3. Take a 12 inch skillet and heat butter or margarine in it.
4. Put green pepper, celery and onion in it and sauté well till the vegetables turn soft.
5. Put tomatoes, parsley, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and garlic in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes by stirring in between.
6. Take a 13x9x2 inch baking dish and place fillets in it in one layer.
7. Season the fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Drizzle the tomato mixture on the fillets and put the dish for baking for 20- 30 minutes.
9. Serve warm.