- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Snapper In Coriander Recipe
|Red snapper fillets/Other white fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Crushed coriander leaves||6 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime rind/Lemon||1 Teaspoon|
|Tortillas||1 Cup (16 tbs), warmed (To Serve)|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.9 mg
Sodium 642.4 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 53 g106%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 27%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Under running cold water rinse the fish, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and keep aside.
2. Rub the fish with half of the lime or lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
3. In a lightly oiled heavy frying pan place with the skin side down, cover the fish with water and simmer gently for 5 minutes turning twice during cooking.
4. In another pan cook breadcrumbs, garlic, remaining salt and 4 tablespoons of the coriander in olive oil over low heat such that golden brown.
5. Spread the mixture over the fish and let it simmer such that the fish becomes easy to flake.
6. In a bowl blend the remaining juice and oil together, pour over the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Mix the leftover coriander with lime or lemon rind, sprinkle over the fish to garnish and serve with tortillas.