- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Snapper In Coriander Recipe
|Red snapper/Other white fish fillets||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Red snapper fillets/Other white fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Lime/Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Crushed coriander leaves||6 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime rind/Lemon||1 Teaspoon|
|Tortillas||1 Cup (16 tbs), warmed (To Serve)|
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.9 mg
Sodium 1542.1 mg64.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 49 g98.9%
Vitamin A 30.5% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Under running cold water rinse the fish, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and keep aside.
2. Rub the fish with half of the lime or lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
3. In a lightly oiled heavy frying pan place with the skin side down, cover the fish with water and simmer gently for 5 minutes turning twice during cooking.
4. In another pan cook breadcrumbs, garlic, remaining salt and 4 tablespoons of the coriander in olive oil over low heat such that golden brown.
5. Spread the mixture over the fish and let it simmer such that the fish becomes easy to flake.
6. In a bowl blend the remaining juice and oil together, pour over the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Mix the leftover coriander with lime or lemon rind, sprinkle over the fish to garnish and serve with tortillas.