- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Red Rice With Tomato Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Soy oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Brown rice||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Stewed tomatoes/Tomato puree||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1334 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg
Sodium 869.1 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 240 g80.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.9%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 33 g65.2%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 58.1%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 45.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the onions.
2) Crush the garlic.
1) In a large saucepan, place the onions with oil and stir over medium heat until transclucent.
2) Add rice and garlic, over the heat stir for 1-2 minutes.
3) Add the remaining ingredeints and boil them.
4) Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
5) Serve the hot rice as side dish.