- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Rice With Chicken Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Soy oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Brown rice||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Stewed tomatoes/Tomato puree||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Stock/Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.7 mg
Sodium 598.2 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 38 g76.3%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil.
2) Stir the onion in it over medium heat until it becomes translucent.
3) Add rice and garlic.
4) Stir the ingredients for 1 to 2 minutes over the medium heat.
5) Next, put the remaining ingredients.
6) Bring it to a boil.
7) Now, reduce the flame.
8) Simmer the ingredients.
9) Cook for 25 to 35 minutes, until the rice becomes tender and the entire liquid is soaked by the rice.
10) Serve with curried vegetables, meat or fish.