- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Raspberry Refrigerator Cake Recipe
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raspberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sweetened|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 70 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 0.21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Make 1/2-inch slices from the cake.
2) Allow gelatine to soften in water.
3) Pour in hot water, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
4) Stir in raspberries, lemon juice, sugar, and salt.
5) Into a bowl, pour the mixture and then chill in fresh-food compartment until mixture begins to thicken.
6) Beat cream until it reaches a stiff stage and then mix it with the raspberry mixture.
7) Take a 9 x 5 x 2 1/2 inch pan and line it with cake slices.
8) Using the raspberry mixture, fill the pan and then again keep in fresh-food compartment to chill until firm.
9) Transfer to a serving dish and serve cold.