- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Pepper Salad With Mustard Dressing Recipe
|For mustard dressing|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley/Finely chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 105.3 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 85.5% Vitamin C 277.5%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the peppers and pat them dry
2. Place on a baking tray or broiler rack.
3. Heat the broiler on high.
4. Place peppers directly under the broiler and roast , turning frequently until evenly charred.
5. Place the roasted peppers in a zip lock bag and seal. Let cool slightly in the steam.
6. Peel off the charred skin.
7. Halve each pepper, remove seeds and fibers and slice, lengthwise, into 4 to 6 strips
8. Pat dry on paper towels and place in a bowl.
9. In a small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing and whisk with a fork until well amalgamated.
10. Pour the dressing over the peppers and toss them well until coated.
11. Serve immediately or chill if you like.
12. Garnish the peppers with chopped parsley and/or chives.