- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Pepper And White Bean Pasta Sauce Recipe
|Uncooked penne pasta/Uncooked ziti pasta||12 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Roasted red pepper salsa||11 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Canned cannellini beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), rinsed well (Or White Kidney Beans)|
|Low sodium vegetable broth/Low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), defatted|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg2.8%
Sodium 473.4 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Follow instruction to cook pasta. Drain water and keep the pasta warm.
2) Meanwhile, use a medium nonstick skillet to heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
3) Sauté garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until softened. Do not brown.
4) Stir in salsa, beans, broth and cilantro.
5) Bring the mixture just to a boil, by occasional stirring. (If mixture appears too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to desired consistency.)
6) Use a large serving bowl to place pasta. Spread the salsa mixture and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with feta cheese and garnish with thyme, if you wish.