- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Pepper and Tomato Soup Recipe
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red peppers||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Fresh plum tomatoes||1 Pound, cored and halved|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Packed cilantro/Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg
Sodium 423.4 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 59.8% Vitamin C 166.3%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Take a roasting pan and coat bottom of the pan with 1 tablespoon oil.
3. In the roasting pan, put in the peppers, tomatoes, and garlic, and toss the vegetables to coat with the oil.
4. Roast the vegetables for 25 to 30 minutes. Stir once in between. Keep the vegetables aside.
5. In a saucepan, heat the remaining oil over moderate heat.
6. Add the onions to the oil.
7. Saute the onions for about for 3 minutes, until softened.
8. Now add the roasted pepper mixture with stock and water.
9. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
11. With a slotted spoon, take the vegetables out of the pan and into a blender or food processor.
12. Strain the remaining liquid in the saucepan into a clean pan.
13. Add 1 cup of the strained liquid to the vegetables in the belnder or food processor and blend into a smooth puree.
14. Strain the puree into the rest of the strained liquid in the pan.
15. Put the pan on low heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
16. Before taking off the heat, stir in the cilantro or parsley, salt, and pepper.
17. Serve hot with fresh bread.