- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Pepper And Spicy Chicken Soup Recipe
|Red peppers||3 , halved, cored and deseeded (Use 3 Or More According To Taste)|
|Red onion||1 , quartered|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), unpeeled|
|Five spice powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh root ginger piece||2 Inch, grated|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Potato||1 Large, chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Fromage frais||4 Tablespoon (To Serve:)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 953 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.3 mg
Sodium 1567.1 mg65.3%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.1 g80.5%
Sugars 40.1 g
Protein 69 g137%
Vitamin A 239% Vitamin C 931.6%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, scatter the five-spice powder over the chicken breast and grill under a medium heat for 20 minutes until crisp. When cooked, cut the chicken into thin shreds and put aside.
3. While the chicken is grilling, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the ginger, cumin and coriander over a low heat for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the potato and stir well, season and pour in the chicken stock. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the cooked vegetables from the oven. Place the peppers in a polythene bag. Tie the top and leave to cool. (The steam produced in the bag makes it easier to remove the skin when cool.) Add the onions to the potato mixture and carefully squeeze out the garlic pulp into the saucepan, too. Peel the peppers and add to the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and blend, in batches if necessary, for a few seconds until quite smooth. Return to the saucepan and thin with a little water, if necessary, to achieve the desired consistency. Stir the shredded chicken into the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Spoon into warmed bowls and top each one with a spoonful of fromage frais.