- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Pepper and Cheese Omelette - Spicy Breakfast Recipe Video
|Olive oil/Non-stick cooking spray||1 Teaspoon|
|Bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seeded, diced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Pinch (any seasoning of choice)|
|Black pepper powder||1 Pinch|
|Eggs||3 Medium, well beaten (egg whites- 1 cup)|
|Queso fresco||1 Tablespoon|
|Bell pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 566.2 mg
Sodium 562 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 71.8%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a frying pan and add olive oil or spray. Heat on medium high.
2. Put onions and bell peppers and sauté till tender. Turn off the heat and allow the pan to cool a little.
3. Pour the egg and turn on the heat to medium high. Allow it to set for a minute and flip it with a spatula.
4. Allow it to firm up and turn off the heat.
5. In a serving plate, place the omelette, spread cheese and hummus and garnish with fresh bell peppers and serve as breakfast.