- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Mullet with Fennel Recipe
|Red mullet||4 , scaled, cleaned and washed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245 mg
Sodium 569.1 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62.1%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 103 g205.6%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 131.1%
Calcium 44.7% Iron 48.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a sharp knife, lightly score the fish form both sides.
2) Keep the 2 tbsps of fennel aside and chop finely the remaining fennel leaves and stalks.
3) Preheat the barbeque.
4) On the double foil, place the fish.
5) Stuff the fish with some fennel and place some fennel on the fish.
6) Sprinkle little lemon juice and olive oil over the fish.
7) In preheated barbeque, cook the fish for 20-30 minutes.
8) Keep basting the fish with olive oil and lemon juice in between cooking.
9) Serve the fish with sprinkle of reserved fennel and lemon slices.