- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Hot Sauce Relish Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||10 Pound (About 30)|
|Hot red peppers||To Taste|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2092 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9004 mg375.2%
Total Carbohydrates 487 g162.2%
Dietary Fiber 75.8 g303%
Sugars 366.8 g
Protein 52 g104.4%
Vitamin A 756.8% Vitamin C 1100.4%
Calcium 78% Iron 86.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the tomatoes and cut into quarters.
2) Peel the onions and cut into quarters.
3) Remove seeds from the peppers and slice into pieces.
4) In a large kettle, cook the tomatoes, onions and peppers together, until softened.
5) Rub the mixture through a sieve and return to the kettle.
6) Stir in rest of the ingredients and boil, until the mixture begins to thicken.
7) Then simmer over a low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened.
8) In hot sterilized jars, pour the 5 pints relish and seal the jars.
9) Use the Red Hot Sauce Relish as required.