- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Gazpacho Recipe
|French bread/Italian bread||3 Ounce|
|Sweet pepper||1 Large, coarsely chopped (Red / Green)|
|Red onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Cucumber||1 Small, peeled, seeded, and sliced|
|Plum tomatoes||8 Ounce, cored and quartered|
|Packed basil/Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Red / White)|
|Low sodium tomato juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 147.2 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 81.6%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice off the crusts from the bread in thin slices and tear them into pieces.
2. Place in a bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Drain off the excess water from the bowl and, squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the bread. Keep aside.
4. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, combine the sweet pepper, red onion, and cucumber
5. Pulse in short bursts to get a finely minced mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a large soup bowl.
7. Similarly, combine the plum tomatoes, basil or parsley and garlic in the food processor and process until finely chopped but not pureed.
8. Tip into the bowl with cucumber mixture.
9. Lastly combine the soaked bread, olive oil, and wine vinegar and tomato juice in the blender and pulse to a smooth thick puree.
10. Pour into the bowl of minced vegetables.
11. Add the pepper to taste and stir the contents of the bowl until well blended.
12. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
13. Ladle the chilled soup into cold soup bowls or consommé cups.