- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Frito Pie Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped coarsely|
|Ground hamburger||3 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground hot red chili||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground mild red chili||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Corn chips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.2%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 160.2 mg
Sodium 369.3 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 56 g113%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, add in onion, hamburger, garlic, chilies, and water. Mix well.
2) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
3) Remove from heat and drain.
3) Upon crisp corn chips, evenly spoon over the mixture.
4) Garnish with mixture of Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses.
5) Serve immediately with an assortment of dips.